A hair transplant is a lifelong investment in making you look naturally youthful. The results and hair transplant surgery type vary individual to individual. A hair transplant consultancy session is always worth it to figure out essential knowledge for a hair transplant. It will help you know that whether or not your hair transplant is possible. Without making any mistake, do your own research and finalize decision of getting surgery after complete satisfaction. Awareness is necessary tool before indulging any kind of activity. Schedule an appointment for eliminating your curiosity. After a detailed discussion with your surgeon, you will come to know about the best possible methods. Read on to find out why consultancy is indispensable before considering hair transplant surgery.
- Age Factor- The first and foremost thing a surgeon would like to know is your age. It is vital to ensure that if you are an ideal candidate for hair transplant or not. Age is one of important factors when it comes to hair transplant. If you are a teenager, it would be the wastage of time because parental permission will be required. And most parents will never allow their children to undergo any surgery in this early age.
- Hair Evaluation- Each case of hair loss is unique and every patient’s goals are personal to them. In the consultancy, your surgeon will find out that at what stage your hair loss is. The severity of your hair thinning and bald patches will help surgeon to suggest you one of the best possible treatments. Your hair growth pattern and hair loss history in family and any prior surgical or medical treatments for hair loss will be evaluated to ensure if the treatment would be appropriate.
- Identification of Donor site- The patient himself is donor as well as recipient in hair transplant. No matter how much hair a person has lost hair in front, top and crown areas of head, the sides and backs of head retain hair. These areas are donor hair sites along with the follicles and some surrounding tissues. If you receive hair, follicles and tissues from someone else, your body would reject them without immune suppressant drugs and results would be opposite.
- Medical History- It is vital to know about the history of a patient to identify the causes of the hair loss. Mostly hair loss is genetic but sometimes it can be resulted because of environmental factors, age issue, and side effects of any medications or an unexpected trauma. Please let your doctor know about the any kind of allergies you are undergoing. You might be taking any other medication that you will have to stop using in case of surgery.
- Time duration of the procedure- Examination of your hair loss extent and hair type will make the surgeon know about the number of grafts and hair follicles because the time duration depends on the number of grafts. You might stay in the hair transplant center for the entire day. This is an ambulatory procedure. You go home the same day you experience the transplantation. You don’t have to stay in the center for days.
- Expectations- Hair transplant is a permanent process. Restoration of hair is not a one night phenomenon. It takes months to re-grow hair after undergoing the surgery. Approximately one month following the surgery, the transplanted hair will fall out. New growth will be noticeable at four to six months after the transplant. The final outcomes take approximately one year as hair becomes more dense and fuller in appearance.
- Pre operative precautions- The detailed discussion with the surgeon will let you know about the pre operative precautions. It is vital to stop the consumption of nicotine products and alcohol before undergoing the surgery. Make sure your scalp is not sunburned. If you use inhaler for breathing, it is important to bring inhaler with you. Surgeon will instruct you ahead of time which daily medications to take with just a sip of water and which medications to skip on the hair restoration procedure day.
- Post operative precautions- How you feel after hair transplant surgery depends on the extent of surgery. You may expect bruising, swelling, possible numbness, bleeding and little discomfort. There could a tight feeling in the scalp. Your surgeon will prescribe you some medications and precautionary measures that you will have to follow to acquire desired consequences. You may be instructed to change your sleeping pattern and to stop exercise or heavy lifting.
- Daily hair care after the procedure- Your doctor might stop you to shampoo your hair for few days after the surgery due to bandage or bleeding. Consultancy with your doctor will let you know when to resume the daily life activities and hair care following the surgery. Consultants will also assist you in making post operative appointments. Aerobic activity, heavy lifting, bending and straining is to be avoided one week after the procedure.
This is the consultancy sessions that helps you to know about every single detail about your hair transplant surgery. You are free to ask as many questions as you want to your consultant to ensure complete satisfaction before and after the surgery. If you are going to consider hair transplant as the only and permanent solution to your hair loss problem, don’t forget to schedule a consultancy with the reliable and trustworthy surgeon. It would be wisest decision you will ever make because there is no compromise on your aesthetic appearance. Think wise and act wise!